As we exit the dry summer months, Californians continue to feel the impacts of a multi-year drought. At Sacramento Plumbing Solutions, we bear the responsibility, as professional plumbers, to assist home and business owners throughout our local community in the crucial effort of water conservation. To that end, this article will outline all commercial water rebate programs available throughout Sacramento and the information needed for business owners to take advantage, save money, and participate in water conservation.
Contact Sacramento Plumbing Solutions today to learn how we can improve your commercial plumbing and help you to take advantage of the programs listed below.
How To Get Started with the Commercial Rebate Program
Business owners who would like to explore their commercial rebate options will need to:
- First, ensure they qualify, confirm the availability of program funds, and complete a Water Wise Business Call at 311 or (916) 264-5011.
- Fill out the Commercial Rebate Application for the water-saving technologies installed and customized rebate programs.
- The city will then contact business owners to schedule a required Pre-Installation Survey (Audit) at no direct cost.
- Once the approved work is complete, business owners must mail the rebate application form within 30-days of the purchase date with a copy of the water service bill to confirm the installation address and account number along with the sales receipt to
City of Sacramento Water Conservation Office
5730 24th St., Bldg. 22
Commercial Rebate Programs Available in Sacramento
With multiple rebate programs available, business owners can reduce their carbon footprint, save water, and claim money back. The following is a list of all indoor and outdoor commercial rebate programs currently offered by the Sacramento Department of Utilities.
Indoor Rebate Programs
Standard Toilet Rebate Program
Business owners can take advantage of the standard toilet rebate program offered throughout Sacramento and receive up to $250 when replacing toilets installed before 1992, using 3.5 gallons per flush (GPF) or greater, with new high-efficiency toilets using 1.28 GPF or less.
Business owners are encouraged to install various water-saving devices designed to reduce water use and cost throughout their business. Individual rebates are available for each item installed, including:
- Up to $250 back for Flushometer Style High-Efficiency Toilets or Urinals
- Up to $75 back for Pre-Rinse Spray Valves
- Up to $2.50 back for each Plumbing Flow Control Valve (20 min.)
- Up to $300 back for Air-Cooled Ice Machines
- Up to $500 back for Cooling Tower Controllers
- Up to $200 back per compartment for Connectionless Food Steamers
- Up to $60 back per 0.5 HP (2 HP max.) for Dry Vacuum Pumps
- $5 back for each Laminar Flow Restrictor installed (10 minimum)
The City also offers business owners up to $50,000 ($.50 per 748 gallons saved) for customized process improvement plans that reduce water use or reuse water on-site by installing new water-saving technologies. Call to confirm the rebate availability.
Outdoor Rebate Programs
When business owners convert their existing turf to a ‘River-Friendly’ Landscape using a high-efficiency irrigation system, they are eligible to receive up to $1.50 per square foot of replaced turf (up to $50,000 depending on the site’s size).
Business owners who install irrigation upgrades, including high-efficiency sprinkler nozzles and drip irrigation systems, can receive up to $50,000 in rebates. An EPA WaterSense Labeled Smart Irrigation Controller may also be included as part of the project.
Commercial Water-Use Restrictions in Sacramento
In addition to the rebate programs available to business owners, in May of 2022, the California State Water Resources Control Board voted to impose mandatory residential and commercial regulations to help preserve unnecessary water usage. The state’s emergency commercial regulations include the following restrictions:
- Restaurants and other food service establishments may only serve water to customers on request.
- Hotels and motels must provide guests with the option of not having towels and linens laundered daily.
We Help Californian Business Owners Conserve Water
With the California water supply being so limited, each member of our community must do everything possible to stop wasting water with inefficient systems. Sacramento Plumbing Solutions is here to help you conserve water and improve your commercial water efficiency. Call us today to discuss any installations you may be eligible for, including the rebate programs listed above.
When it comes to reducing your water use, trust the best in the business. Call Sacramento Plumbing Solutions today.