Sewers & Drains
Garbage Disposal Repair
Tankless Water Heaters
Sacramento Slab Leak Detection & Repair
Protecting Your Property from Water Damage
One of the most frustrating things that can happen to your plumbing is a slab leak. A slab leak happens when a pipe breaks underneath the concrete slabs inside or outside your home. This is a very dangerous type of leak that could lead to costly repairs if not dealt with immediately. The leak can damage household appliances and even the environment if not properly addressed. Also, keep in mind if a slab leak seeps deep into the ground, then it has the potential to weaken the foundation of your house. When this happens, you’ll need the services of the best plumbing experts in Sacramento and Placer counties— Plumbing Solutions. We have the experience and skills to fix your slab leak in no time.
How to Detect a Slab Leak
Since a slab leak is usually underground, it may not be immediately evident you have one. However, there are several simple ways to check for a slab leak.
Call our Sacramento slab leak experts if you notice:
- Unusually high water bills – A huge spike in your monthly bill, without you having increased your water usage, may mean you may have leaky plumbing that needs to be checked out.
- Warped wooden floors and damp carpets – Since a slab leak is located underneath slabs, the accumulated water from the leak can rise up and reach your wooden floors, causing them to warp.
- Mildew or mold – Damp areas are the perfect breeding ground from mold and mildew. Whether there are visible signs of mold on your flooring or there is a persistent musty smell in your home, call us.
- Reduced water pressure – If you notice less water pressure quite suddenly, you may have a leaky pipe draining away the water before it reaches the fixture. Evaluate your overall water pressure by turning off all other water-based appliances and testing the stream from each fixture at a time.
- Constantly running water heater – If your water heater is running almost all of the time, then you may just have a hot water leak. If hot water is leaking into the ground, the water heater is constantly running.
- Hotter areas on your floors – If you have a slab leak springing from your water heater, some areas of your floor will be hotter or warmer than others. This is not so easy to detect with carpeted rooms, but linoleum, hardwood, and tile flooring will feel warmer wherever there is a hot water leak.
- Foundation cracks – Slab leaks often cause foundations to crack. When piping breaks or cracks, water accumulates and rises to the surface where it saturates and cracks foundations and slabs.
When You Can’t Do It Yourself
At Plumbing Solutions, we have the specialized tools and trained personnel that can locate and fix any type of slab leak in your house or on your property. Our accurate, cutting-edge equipment makes it easy for our team to find the slab leak and repair it as quickly and as efficiently as possible. Our modern leak detection hardware includes electromagnetic pipeline locators and electronic amplification equipment. These lead our professional plumbers to the source of your slab leak with the least amount of disruption to your property.
How to Test for a Slab Leak
If you have seen the signs of a leak but are still unsure about calling in a professional, you can test for leaks by following the steps below:
- Turn off all fixtures, faucets, and water appliances on the property and in the house.
- Find the main water valve.
- Once you’ve found the valve, turn it clockwise to shut off the water.
- Now find your water meter.
- Once you have found the meter, remove the cover to check it.
If all your fixtures and appliances are off but your meter is still running, it’s likely you have a slab leak.
Repairing Slab Leaks in Sacramento
Slab leaks can result in expensive repairs if they are not taken care of quickly and effectively. They can damage your cabinetry, carpets, tiles, hardwood floors and even your house’s foundation.
There are several routes we can take to repair a slab leak for you depending on the amount of damage done, the property’s type of plumbing, and your personal preferences.
These methods include:
- Pipe rerouting – The most cost-effective option, pipe rerouting will involve redirecting the water supply pipe away from the leak area.
- Cutting through the foundation – This works well if you have a modern home since we will cut open the foundation to fix your pipes for a long-term plumbing solution.
- Repiping – Older homes will often need the entire line to be pulled out and repiped, especially if slab leaks have become a frequent problem.
- Pipe coating – If we determine it may be too expensive or too difficult to repair your plumbing by cutting through the foundation, we can stop the leak by coating the pipes with epoxy.
Contact Plumbing Solutions Today
If you have a problem with slab leaks, we have qualified and experienced plumbers available around the clock to help you with any leaks or plumbing issues. Our plumbers have non-invasive, specialized equipment that can be used to make fast and efficient diagnoses without disrupting your home. We are also available 24/7 to help you deal with slab leaks at the soonest possible time before they become a bigger problem.
Call us at (916) 275-4716 for slab leak detection and repair in Sacramento, El Dorado Hills, Placerville, Folsom, Roseville or anywhere in Placer County or Sacramento County.